Today I was lucky enough to attend a VIB Rouge event! For those of you unfamiliar with the term, it’s the top tier of Sephora’s rewards program. Admittedly, I spend way too much of my paychecks on beauty products and believe me, everyone loves teasing me about it. I’ve never had perfect skin. I’m very sensitive and prone to breakouts. I have adult acne and cystic acne every so often, (and I thought I could say goodbye to pimples when I tossed my fingerless gloves away years ago) so I end up having to buy pricier skincare regimens.
I had never been to an exclusive VIB Rouge event before. It was a before store hours private shopping session / new fall line preview and I wasn’t really expecting much. If anything, I was going to get a free makeup bag for attending, so why not?
Here’s what normally happens at Sephora:
- It’s PACKED.
- All the beauty advisors are in high-demand.
- Long checkout lines.
Here’s what happened at the Rouge event (Note: I had no makeup on and was wearing my gym clothes):
- Since it was an RSVP event and before store hours… it was EMPTY! There was more employees than customers. No waiting for anyone to finish swatching so you could move in.
- A million employees complimented me and asked me if I needed help or wanted to try anything.
- They also kept offering me free food!! A beauty specialist even poured me coffee and put cream and sugar in it for me.
- Essentially, rock star treatment.
In conclusion, I got a major ego boost and a beauty advisor helped me find a new moisturizer!